Thursday, April 24, 2008

follow up

another post within a week! not bad! this is just gonna be a quick one from me to say how encouraging it is to find that we have so many readers and people supporting us with encouragement and more importantly prayer. THANK YOU!! keep the comments coming!

also i just quickly wanted to mention susie's comment on my last blog about our dear afghan friends that we met in austria. sadly for them, they were deported from austria. i remember from when i was there the bad experience her family had in athens, and now they are back. this is devastating for them to be deported, and yet for some reason i am excited!! SHE CAME WENT TO THE ARC!!!

susie wrote:
"I met a woman that you guys met in Austria yesterday. She brought a photo of you Becky and her children. She was deported back here a few days ago. She kept saying your name to me like it was the "magic" word. It was really cute. She wanted food and clothes etc-the usual things. RIght now we are not giving food so I had to finally get Shayda to help me explain to her the new situation. Anyways, I will still be kind towards her. I don't know her name but she had a paper in her hand that had Helping hands written on it in Greek and in English."

I WROTE THAT ADDRESS FOR HER!! i don't know what makes me so happy about knowing my dear friend and her two beautiful daughters are in my home country at the ARC, especially since i know they must feel devastated, but... i know that nothing happens by accident and this is all happening for a purpose. in austria they were the only afghans, and only farsi/dari speakers, so i hope that being surrounded by other afghans will at least ward off the loneliness.



please be praying for my afghan friends and their situation and also the Lord will use this to bring them to knowing Him.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky,
Great blog and picture. I'm very proud of you girls. Hank in there,when God stretches you it's painful but always for your good. Looking forward to seeing you in two days.
Love you
dad

Anonymous said...

that is very cool.

-codeo dodeo the rodeo clown

David said...

Sorry Codeo Dodeo the rodeo clown,

it is not so cool. I think that Austria treats their refugees a bit better then the Greece government does. I am not to sure how many months pregnant Nidira is with her third child......
I do pray that this dear family isn't lost in the crowd at the ARC.

I do pray that this is a part in God's plan to bring them to christ. But at the moment I am a little lost why.

Oh Girls if by chance you were trying to email me, my email has gone down, I will need to fight the internet company to try and fix the problem.

take care.

Anonymous said...

Earth to Becky & Kendra. . . .
Come in please!
sandi