Wednesday, March 26, 2008

and here i am on the plane. planes are so boring. i always bring a book, ipod, journal, and such things to do on the plane. but somehow, planes just suck the fun out of everything. even movies. i don't know if it's the movies they choose, or if it's, again, the work of the fun-killer that just makes all movies just...bleh. we just finished one with john (and joan) cusack with a kid who was or thought he was a martian - ??? yeah...it wasn't cute. *bleh*
so that's the mood i'm in right now. i really don't feel like blogging either, but..i took out my computer to find something interesting and..just decided to write about it.
oh, here's something: how about i write about how much i hate american airlines. crappy planes, crappy service, crappy food... the stewardesses are always so rude. i've never had a positive experience with american airlines. psh..
ok, so this woman sitting a few rows ahead of me has gotten up no less than 20 times in the past 3 hours that we've been on this flight. it's getting ridiculous, no one could possibly drink that much to go to the bathroom THAT many times in such a short amount of time. but what else could she be getting up for? she's not the only one, people are all up and about on this flight. it's kinda getting annoying. if one more person's butt hits my arm while they're walking down the aisle, i might have to tell someone off. the stewardesses don't seem to have a problem doing it, why can't i?
sigh...two more hours...

anyhow, if the whole "i'm on a plane" didn't already help you figure it out, we've left costa rica... part of me was ready to go, but it still made me sad to say goodbye to my new friends. what a fun group!! they were so great.
yesterday we had a little farewell party.. *sigh* goodbyes never get easier. trust me - i've said ALOT of goodbyes in my life. but i do have some new friends to boast of :) and who knows, maybe i'll see them again some day. i hope i do.

but now we are on to new things, which is also exciting! we will be in colorado springs for the next 2 weeks before we are off again, this time to the philippines!! should be a fun time. i've heard alot of good things about the people we're visiting in CO. friends of the mccrackens. should be good!

right, well i'd write more, but my battery isn't lasting. i'll post this when i get to colorado and i'll even add a few pics of our last day(s) in CR.


our last day with our friends...



me and celeste - isn't she huge??

this is our leaving costa rica rainbow. we could see both ends, but i this is the most vivid pic i got. call me corny, but i take it as a promise that we will see our friends again.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jonah said...

Okay, you guys are in my neck of the woods now. E-mail me about getting together!

jonahb52@gmail.com

David said...

thanks Becky for reminding me how much I hate flying. Did I tell you my sister is getting married in October. So I will be making the long boring flight to Sydney. However it will be a great to see my little sister get married.

Stevesy said...

I once took sleeping pills on an overnight flight since I can't usually sleep on planes. Bad idea - it didn't actually put me to sleep, just made me feel incredibly drowsy and made me afraid of the stewardesses for some reason. I would've read the label for warnings but I took them from Dan's plastic bag of sleeping pills.

Anyway, enjoy the States. Send me something nice!

Anonymous said...

well, at least you have your trusty ipod...when we were flying to the states last time I had my ipod all charged and ready to go for the 11 hour flight, and then when I pulled it out on the plane it was completely empty. somehow everything had gotten erased off my ipod in between security and getting on the plane. NOT a fun flight...

That wasn't supposed to make you feel better, it's just a good story. So, did you tell anyone off during those last two hours???

Scott said...

Hey Beck!

"You're bringin' the Monk down!"

Anonymous said...

Steve, are you sure that was a sleeping pill? And Dan..... Anyway, Becky, you shouldn't use the word 'crappy' - it's not nice. I'm happy you're there safe and sound though!

David said...

Yes I agree the use of the word Crappy is very bad.

Stevesy said...

I disagree with Maggie's Mom and Dave - crappy is a more than suitable word when describing American Airlines.

Just keep it PG-13, Beck - there are a lot of folk reading this blog; some a bit young, some a bit old, and some just a bit sensitive.

Stevesy said...

Who cares what words she's using? She's in Colorado now! THAT is the important thing. She had to say good bye to all her new friends ... GREAT writing, Becky. I'm at Steve's getting ready to enjoy pizza and pecan pie ... it is a 'p' day in Stirling. I'll have some for you and Kendra.
Susan (at Steve's in Stirling)